Dental Terminology for interpreters introduces students to dental terminology used in a variety of dental settings in patient-provider communications. The webcast introduces related topics including dental anatomy, disease progression and prevention, dental materials, restorative and therapeutic procedures, surgical interventions, and potential oral-systemic links.
1. Identify existing knowledge of dental terminology (pre-lecture self-assessment).
2. Recall new material through the use of self-assessment tools embedded in the program.
3. Demonstrate increased knowledge of dental terminology through post-lecture assessment.
4. Understand various dental procedures and related terminology.
5. List disease prevention concepts.
6. Understand the oral-systemic link.
7. Describe effect of diet on oral health.
We will have recorded version of every webcast available. If for some reason you cannot attend the webcast at the scheduled time, you may watch the recorded version later. Because of this, we cannot offer refunds. If a webcast is cancelled, you will be given credit to view another webcast, either live or archived.
Working Sign Language Interpreters